An 80-year-old man died Sunday afternoon at The Medical Center after suffering severe burns caused by flames from a wood-burning stove outside his Bowling Green home. 

Lloyd Bryant, 80, was attempting to load the the wood-burning stove outside his 4938 Sunnyside Gott Road home early Sunday morning when flames from the stove engulfed his clothing, causing burns to 90 percent of his body, according to John White, a Warren County deputy coroner. 

The Gott Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire at about 6:30 a.m. Sunday, White said, adding that he's unsure whether flames on Bryant's clothing were put out upon their arrival.

Bryant was taken to The Medical Center, where he was on a respirator before being pronounced dead at 4:10 p.m., White said. 

An autopsy was not performed and White said he believes the incident was accidental. No foul play is suspected. 

The Gott Volunteer Fire Department has contacted the state fire marshal to conduct an investigation, White said. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.