Emergency Medical Services found a man who had been shot to death inside his car in an employee parking lot near EMS offices on The Medical Center campus Tuesday evening.

At 5:54 p.m., EMS personnel called Bowling Green police after they stopped to look inside a car where they could see a dog, according to Officer Ronnie Ward, spokesman for the Bowling Green Police Department.

Upon further examination, police determined that the man inside died of what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Ward said.

The man is from Bowling Green. Police were not releasing his name at press time pending notification of next of kin.

Criminal mischief — A man living in the 800 block of Fields Drive told city police Tuesday that someone slashed all four of his truck tires in the overnight hours between Monday and Tuesday, according to city police records.

Burglaries — City police responded to the 300 block of Audley Avenue on Saturday after a female resident reported a break-in at her apartment.

Someone kicked in her front door and stole a 52-inch RCA television valued at $500 and a diamond ring valued at $1,500, according to police records.

The resident told police that the thief or thieves had to know her because another 52-inch television that is not functioning was left untouched, and the ring that was stolen was hidden away.

Also Saturday, police responded to a residential burglary in the 600 block of West Main Avenue.

The resident said she fell asleep about 11 p.m. Friday and did not wake up until 5:30 a.m. Saturday. She noticed when she got up to take her dog out that the door and door frame had been damaged, according to police records. Nothing was taken from he residence.

Attempted fraud — A Bowling Green woman told police Nov. 27 that she had been receiving harassing phone calls from a telephone number with an 876 area code.

The caller identified himself as an employee of the FBI and told the woman she had won $1 million, according to city police records. The caller then asked the woman for personal information, which she refused to give him.

At that point, the caller became upset and started yelling at the woman. She told the caller she was reporting the incident to police, and he stopped calling, records show.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.