- Adoption Support for Kentucky groups will meet: In Warren County, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at Christ Episcopal Church 1215 State Street Bowling Green, KY and in Barren County, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. the first Friday of the month at St.Andrews Church 910 Columbia Ave Glasgow, KY. Meetings are open to all adoptive or perspective adoptive parents, All adoption avenues welcome, private, state, foster to adopt, kinship & international. For more information, call Georgie Haman at 843-4188 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Adoption Resource Center will have a parent support group and training the third Thursday of every month with the exception of June and July. Various topics are discussed that are unique to foster and adoptive parents. These meeting are at 441 Church Ave. in Bowling Green. Refreshments and free child care are provided. For more information, contact C. Denise Lambrianou, program coordinator, at 842-9032 Ext. 0 or (866) 842-9032 Ext. 0. All foster and adoptive (private and state) families are welcome. The Adoption Resource Center is a program of the Family EnrichmentCenter.
- Alcoholics Anonymous will meet from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday through Friday and at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the 13th Street Club. AA also will meet from noon to 1 p.m. weekdays at the club. For other meeting times, contact AA at 782-5267.
- Al-Anon's Bowling Green Friendship Group will meet at 7:30 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, at 10 a.m. Wednesday and at 10:30 a.m. each Saturday at the 13th Street Club.
- Al-Anon Step by Step Group will meet at 7 p.m. each Friday at Holy Spirit Catholic Church's Room D.
- Alateen will meet at 7:30 p.m. each Thursday at the 13th Street Club.
- Alcoholics Anonymous will meet at 8:00 p.m. each Tuesday and Saturday at the Masonic Lodge and Senior Center in Auburn.
- Alzheimer's disease support group meets from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at The Medical Center Health and Wellness Center in Greenwood Mall. This support group is open to families and caregivers who need additional support in caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's disease. Staff from the Barren River Adult Day Care will facilitate the group. New members are welcome. For more information, call 745-0942.
- Amputee Support Group will meet at 3:00 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month at Mediplex Rehab-Bowling Green.
Attention deficit disorder
- CHADD of Southcentral Kentucky, a support group for children and adults with attention deficit disorder, will meet at 7:00 p.m. the third Monday of each month at First Christian Church.
- AWAKE, a support group for people who have a sleep-related breathing disorder. The group is also intended to help friends or relatives of people with this type of disorder. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ken McKenney at (877) 700-4070.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month at Mediplex Rehab-Bowling Green.
- My Image: Life After Breast Cancer, a support group for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, are undergoing treatment or are survivors, meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month in classroom 2 at Greenview Regional Medical Center. For more information, contact Toby Black at 781-6090.
- La Leche League meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Porter Cafe at the Bowling Green Public Library Main Branch. For more information contact Jennifer at 270-202-5324.
- A cancer support group offering education and support to individuals with cancer, family members and caregivers will meet from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. the first Monday of each month at The Medical Center Health and Wellness Center in Greenwood Mall. New members are welcome. For more information, call Bridgett Kilpatrick at 796-4494.
- More Will be Revealed Group of Narcotics Anonymous will meet at 7:15 p.m. each Thursday at Hillvue Heights Baptist Church, 3219 Nashville Road.
- The Happy, Joyous and Free Group will meet at 7:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Sunday at First Christian Church, 1106 State St.
- Here and Now will meet at 7:30 p.m. each Tuesday at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church on Nashville Road.
- We Do Recover will meet at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. each Friday and at 7:30 p.m. each Saturday at Greenwood Park Church of Christ, 1818 Campbell Lane. For more information on additional meetings, call 782-4029.
- Parents of Chemically Dependent Children will meet from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. each Friday at the 13th Street Clubhouse.
- Co-Dependents Anonymous meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 11:30am to 12:30pm at the Best Center for Independent Living located at 624 Eastwood Ave. Are you a controller? Are you a doormat? Are you both? For more information, call 202-9188.
- Depressed Anonymous-1 will meet from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. each Tuesday at Broadway United Methodist Church at 1323 Melrose Drive. For more information, call 782-7150 or go to http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Resort/5025/
- Depressed Anonymous-2 will meet from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm each Thursday at The ALIVE Center, 1818 US Highway 31W, on the 31W Bypass. For more information, call 535-2919 or go to http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Resort/5025/
- The Diabetes Care and Education Group will meet at 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Health and Wellness Center at Greenwood Mall.
- The Diabetic Support Group of Fairview General Baptist Church will meet at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at the church.
- For the Bowling Green-Warren County area: A diabetes support group is open to people with diabetes and their family members. Carolynn Burton, RN, certified diabetes educator, will lead the group. New members are welcome. Get more information by calling 796-5169.
- For the Franklin-Simpson County area: Diabetes support group meetings are at The Medical Center at Franklin, 1100 Brookhaven Road, and is co-sponsored with the Barren River District Health Department.
- For the Morgantown-Butler County area: For more information, call 745-0942.
- For the Scottsville-Allen County area: For more information, call 745-0942.
- DivorceCare will meet at 6:30 p.m. each Monday at Hillvue Heights Church.
Eating and weight
- FEAST (Food Education & Allergy Support Team) will meet the 1st Tuesday of the month from 6:00-7:30 PM at the Medical Center's Health and Wellness Center located in the Greenwood Mall. FEAST is a team of parents of children with food allergies, individuals with food allergies, and community professionals supportive of those affected by food allergies.
- Take Off Pounds Sensibly No. 149 will meet at 6 p.m. each Monday at Smiths Grove Baptist Church. Weigh-in will be from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact Melinda Connell at (270) 688-8591.
- Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7 p.m. each Monday in The Medical Center's Classroom 2.
- Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 6 p.m. each Thursday at Westside Fire Station No. 4 on Morgantown Road. For more information, contact Sheila Lunty at 781-7704.
- Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 5:15 p.m. each Tuesday at 801 Center St. For more information, call Louise Evans at BGMU.
- Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7 p.m. each Monday in The Medical Center's Classroom 2.
- Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 6 p.m. each Thursday at Greenview Regional Hospital, Classroom No. 2. Contact Mrs. Eugene Barnes for information.
- Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 5 p.m. each Tuesday at 800 Center St. For more information, call Mrs. Don Crittenden.
- Epilepsy Support Group — Educational classes and support group for individuals and families affected by epilepsy and seizure disorders. The Bowling Green epilepsy support group meets quarterly throughout at The ALIVE Center. Staff from the Epilepsy Foundation of Kentuckiana facilitate the support group, and guest speakers present various educational topics. For more information about dates, times, and topics please call 866-275-1078 ext. 126, email email@example.com, or go to http://www.efky.org.
- Fibrohearts, a fibromyalgia support group, meets the first Monday of the month at Barnes and Noble, 1680 Cambell Lane, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Site: http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/fibrohearts
- Gam-Anon — Efforts are under way to organize a Gam-Anon group in Bowling Green. Gam-Anon is a fellowship of men and women who have been affected by the gambling problem. If interested, call Sandra at 745-2894.
- The gastric bypass support group meets from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at The Medical Center Health and Wellness Center in Greenwood Mall. This group offers education and support to patients who have undergone or will undergo the surgical procedure of gastric bypass. New members are welcome. For more information, call 745-0942.
- Griefshare, a recovery seminar and support group, meets at 6:30 p.m. each Monday at Southern Heights Baptist Church in Russellville. For more information, call Chris Short at 726-3491.
- Compassionate Friends meets 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the Health and Wellness Center in Greenwood Mall. This support group offers friendship, understanding and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings. There is no religious affiliation and there are no membership dues or fees. The mission is to assist families toward the positive resolution of grief following the death of a child of any age and to provide information to help others be supportive. New members are welcome. For more information, call Pat Abner at (270) 779-9212.
- The Mended Hearts Support Group will meet from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month at The Medical Center Auditorium. This support group is for individuals who have heart disease and/or who have had a heart procedure. New members and spouses are welcome. For more information, call Don Johnson, RN, at 796-6512.
- Hepatitis Support Group will meet from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at Downing University Center, Room 341. For more information, email Terry at email@example.com.
- Hospice of Southern Kentucky's support gathering will be at 5:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at 1027 Broadway Ave.
- Huntington Disease Society of America will have a family support group meeting at 2:00 p.m. the first Sunday of each month at Mercy Hospital's Annex Room in Owensboro.
- Huntington Disease support group for caregivers will meet from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. the second Monday of each month at Best Center for Independent Living.
- Huntington Disease Support Group will meet at 7:00 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at Mercy Hospitals Annex Room in Owensboro.
- NAMI-Bowling Green, support groups for people with mental illness and for family members, meets at 7 p.m. the third Monday of each month at 624 Eastwood Ave. For more information, call 842-5687 or visit http://bb.nami.org/cgi-bin/bds.pl?ST=ky.
- The Multiple Sclerosis Mutual Help Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. the fourth Monday of each month at Mediplex Rehabilitation Center, 1300 Campbell Lane.
- MD support group will meet at 7:00 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Mediplex Rehabilitation Center.
- The Neuropathy Support Group will meet at 10:30 a.m. the fourth Saturday of each month at SKY Rehab on Campbell Lane.
- Osteoporosis Education and Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. May 4 at The Medical Center's Health and Wellness Center at Greenwood Mall.
- Moms Club of Bowling Green will meet at 10 a.m. on the second Monday of each month. This is a non-profit group offering support and activities for stay-at-home moms and their children. For more information and the location of meetings, contact Tracey at 270-796-8698 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) meet the 2nd and 4th Mondays from 6:30 to 8:30 at Hillvue Heights Church for mothers with children from birth to Kindergarten. Childcare is provided. Any further questions please contact Sandra Gill email@example.com or 526-3237.
- Parent Connection will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at 441 Church Avenue.
- Moms in Touch, a group for those who want to pray as a group for schools, will meet at 7:45 p.m. each Thursday at Pearce Memorial United Methodist Church in Auburn.
- Western Kentucky Mothers of Multiples, a non for profit support group for mothers who have or are expecting twins, triplets, and other higher order multiple birth children. We meet the second Monday of every month at Greenview Regional Hospital, classroom #1 at 7:00 pm.
- Restless in Southern Kentucky is a support group for those who suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). The group is also intended to help friends or relatives of people with this type of disorder. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ken McKenney at (877) 700-4070.
- Sex-A-Holics Anonymous will meet at 5 p.m. each Sunday and at 7:30 p.m. each Friday at Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Spouse, date abuse
- Support group for victims of spouse or dating abuse will meet from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each Thursday at Barren River Area Safe Space.
- Survivors of suicide support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at the ALIVE Center, 1818 U.S. 31 W-Bypass. for more information, contact Anita Hudson at 202-3204 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stroke Support Group meets the first Tuesday of each month from 4:00 to 5:00pm at The Medical Center Health & Wellness Center at Greenwood Mall and provides support and education programs for individuals affected by stroke, family members, and caregivers. Call 745-0942 for more information
- A Kentucky Center of Veterans Affairs representative will be at the National Guard Armory on Morgantown Road from 9 a.m. to Noon the third Wednesday of each month to assist veterans and/or their dependents regarding benefit claims.
- Women in Recovery support group will meet at 7:30 p.m. each Monday at Greenview's O'Hari Room.
- Women's Support Group for single parents will meet at 1:00 p.m. the second and fourth Saturday of each month at Western Kentucky University's Tate Page Hall Room 131.