CORAL GABLES, Fla. Charles H. Topmiller, 90, of Coral Gables, Fla., died Oct. 25, 2000, at his home.The Bowling Green native was an electrical engineer, former president and chief executive officer at WCKY radio in Cincinnati; former general manager and president of WPLG-TV in Florida; a board member of Channel 2 in Florida; an active Red Cross volunteer and member of Coral Gables Downtown Kiwanis, and helped develop the Topmiller Canoe Base and Sea Base for the Boy Scouts of America.Funeral will be at 4 p.m. EST Sunday at Van Orsdel Coral Gables Funeral Home. Visitation will begin at 2 p.m. EST Sunday at the funeral home.Survivors include a daughter, Diane Bieda of San Francisco; a granddaughter; a grandson; and two great-granddaughters.
- Upscale Tony's Steakhouse coming to The Hub
- FBI: Drug bust in BG turns up six pounds of meth
- WCPS driver dies from COVID-19, district grieves
- Daughter finds father’s missing WWII foot locker after 77 years
- James Monroe 'Monty' Austin
- Planning commission OK's 532-lot subdivision
- Warren County grand jury returns indictments
- Chris Neal Jones
- Colleagues mourn Caverna teacher who lost battle with COVID-19
- Tanishia 'Tina' Kathleen Forkum
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Daily News Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a digest of each day's headlines & events from The Daily News by email? Signup today!
The Amplifier Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a weekly digest of headlines & events from The Amplifier by email? Signup today!
Daily News Hosted Events
The Daily News is a proud host of community enrichment events. Join our Daily News Events mailing list to learn about the next event we are planning. Sign up now.