Ten Gatton Academy seniors are candidates for the 2021 U.S. Presidential Scholars Program.
The U.S. Presidential Scholars Program was established in 1964 by executive order of the president to recognize and honor some of the nation’s most distinguished graduating high school seniors.
The 2021 candidates for the U.S. Presidential Scholar from the Gatton Academy are:
- Samuel Chang (Bowling Green High School), son of Yining Chen and Nianchu Chang, from Bowling Green.
- Andrew R. Davison (Rowan County Senior High School), son of Rebecca and Scott Davison, from Morehead.
- John P. Dumancic (Larry Ryle High School), son of Dominik and Laura Dumancic, from Union.
- Krupa N. Hegde (Larry Ryle High School), daughter of Narasimha and Shailaja Hedge, from Union.
- Gloria Huang (South Warren High School), daughter of Guosheng Huang and Huanjing Wang, from Bowling Green.
- Joseph L. Lyvers, (Bardstown High School), son of Charlotte and Roger Lyvers, from Loretto.
- Jazmine Moore (Elizabethtown Senior High School), daughter of Corrado and Monika Moore, from Elizabethtown.
- Diksha Satish (Western Hills High School), daughter of Aurna Lakshmanaperumalraja and Ramakrishnan Satish, from Frankfort.
- Lauren M. Taylor (Campbell County High), daughter of Patrick and Valerie Taylor, from Cold Spring.
- Jason Zhang (Bowling Green High School), son of Lei Peng and Rui Zhang, from Bowling Green.
The White House Commission on Presidential Scholars’ review committee selects honored scholars annually based on their academic achievement, personal characteristics, leadership, and service activities, in addition to the quality and content of their essays.