June 26, 1895
An article published June 26, 1895, in The Courier Journal announced upcoming changes to the Bowling Green Trolley.
According to the article, it was expected that the streetcars would start being pulled by an overhead electronic apparatus within 60 days. The streetcars were being pulled by mules at the time the article was written. The mule line went from the old fairgrounds to the intersection of the present-day U.S. 31-W By-Pass and Broadway. The new electric line was expected to extend to Barren River, Fairview Cemetery and the newer fairgrounds on Lehman Avenue.
– “Way Back When in Warren County” is compiled by researchers at the Warren County Public Library and appears twice weekly in the Bowling Green Daily News. For more information about the library, visit warrenpl.org.