As a crop, hemp hasn’t lived up to the hype. But that could soon change, and southcentral Kentucky may be on the forefront of hemp’s resurgence.
Monday, July 06, 2020
An Allen County man accused of killing two of his grandparents and his uncle will forgo a trial and avoid the death penalty after pleading guilty to all charges against him.
A man running across Interstate 65 in Simpson County was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer.
In the wake of nationwide protests often calling on governments to defund police, a thank you letter is circulating around the community for local law enforcement.
Aimed at reducing barriers to employment and promoting a more equitable workforce, a group of local leaders has formed to address issues of race locally.
Saturday, July 04, 2020
The owner of an Auburn cattle feedlot tied by state wildlife officials to a fish kill that affected an estimated 16 miles of local waterways last year has paid a $10,000 settlement.
Phase two of downtown Bowling Green renovations are in a holding pattern amid financial uncertainty caused by the coronavirus-fueled economic slowdown.
Despite some vocal opposition from nearby residents, a 45-acre, 167-lot subdivision in the Alvaton community won approval from the City-County Planning Commission of Warren County on Thursday.
Dugas Community Park, the Allen County Fiscal Court and the City of Scottsville hosted a Fireworks in the Park show at Dugas Park on Friday, July 3, 2020, in celebration of Independence Day.
- 3 drivers killed in separate wrecks in northern Kentucky
- Sheriff: Man loses arm-wrestling match with son, pulls gun
- Winning numbers drawn in '5 Card Cash' game
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Pick 4 Evening' game
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Pick 3 Evening' game
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Cash Ball' game
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Lucky For Life' game
- Author sues to stop removal of controversial Kentucky mural
- 7,000-square-foot Breonna Taylor mural put in Maryland park
- KY Lottery
More Local News
- BG man suspected in slaying faces more charges after indictment
- BG man jailed on child sex abuse allegation
- Glasgow council's special meeting ends with no action taken
- Greenview adds health coverage resources hotline
- BG man accused of fraud, other offenses
- Transpark continues to add acreage
- Bell book release has a COVID twist
- Watch the third annual Kentucky Super Preps
- WKU faculty list demands for fall instruction
- Area hospitals to receive millions in Medicaid settlement
- Coronavirus claims 12th Warren victim
- Crash injures scooter driver
- Shots fired during child exchange; two arrested in Barren
- More CARES Act funding coming to region
- 'Irresistible' lacks political bite
- International Center awards scholarships
- Pepper to request probation in federal case
- State offers guidance for reopening schools amid pandemic
- Virus case leads to temporary closure of Mariah's
- Suspect identified in Barren chase
- BG man arrested after pursuit
- 2021 Fur Ball canceled
- Hilligan's, 440 Main reopen after brief virus shutdown
- Report: Kentucky ranks 37th in the nation in child well-being
- Few problems reported at single polling site in Warren County
- Man wanted in Glasgow shooting arrested in BG
- Mammoth Cave generates $48.1 million in economic benefits
- Glasgow woman accused of drug trafficking
- BGFD hits the tarmac for training
- Realtors association gets new CEO
- ShopHQ looks to fill jobs in Bowling Green
- Beshear addresses voter suppression concerns in primary
- Smiths Grove VFD getting third station
- New Christian School to open in BG after merger
- Nash ordinance targets flag decision
- SLIDE SHOW: BGFD units participate in annual FAA Part 139 Fire Training
- Local doctor at forefront of new procedure for people suffering from partial hearing loss
- Do you agree with Bowling Green Mayor Bruce Wilkerson’s decision to take down U.S. flags from city-owned sites? He said the removal was a precaution due to “outside groups” potentially coming to the city.
- KFTC nonprofit, local churches providing rides for voters
- Simpson man indicted in federal child porn case
- Bowling Green mirrors global trend of booming bike sales
- Blackburn, Richey appointed to planning commission
- Locals express concerns about single voting venue
- All aboard: Historic RailPark reopens
- Authorities: 'Family' scam exposed in BG
- Wilkerson says American flags taken down for 'safekeeping' against 'outside groups'
- BRADD hires new disaster coordinator
- Family Works Therapy growing Scottsville Rd. location
- City budget gets final approval