The 23rd annual BB&T All-American Soap Box Derby was held at Phil Moore Park on Friday and Saturday, May 14-15, 2021, after it was canceled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Dozens of racers ages 7 to 20 competed across three divisions — stock, super stock and masters — during the two-day, double-elimination event with winners moving on to the world championships held in June at Akron, Ohio.
- Robert Franklin, M. D.
- Man injured in shooting on Highland Way
- Dr. Joseph Peter Cangemi
- Edgar 'Big E-Z' Ewing Mills
- Greg (C.O.) Bruce Edmunds
- Warren County grand jury returns indictments
- Four accused of federal drug conspiracy
- Hotel, convention center plans in Franklin move forward
- Kevin Bailey
- Boy, 3, hospitalized after being found in Logan pool
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Daily News Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a digest of each day's headlines & events from The Daily News by email? Signup today!
The Amplifier Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a weekly digest of headlines & events from The Amplifier by email? Signup today!
Daily News Hosted Events
The Daily News is a proud host of community enrichment events. Join our Daily News Events mailing list to learn about the next event we are planning. Sign up now.