Warren County Public Schools has installed 10 new self-driving Nilfisk Liberty SC50 Autonomous Scrubbers purchased from Consolidated Paper Group of Bowling Green that can operate on their own, cleaning floors of district schools.
The machines, which can clean up to 50,000 feet in two and a half hours along a mapped-out programmed course through the schools, are the first third-party, safety-certified autonomous scrubbers of their kind installed in a school system in both Kentucky and Tennessee, according to WCPS Facilities Director Mike Wilson.
The scrubbers were purchased to fill the need of unfilled custodial positions, as well as to help currently-employed custodians work more efficiently. "It's not taking someone's job away," Wilson said, "it's filling a position that has been empty and been empty for quite some time."
Using sensors surrounding the machine, the scrubber can divert obstacles or pause its route until the obstruction has been cleared. "The safety system and the autonomous system are separate," Kyle White of Consolidated Paper Group said. "The safety system can override the autonomous system, so there's really no danger."
- Man looks for answers after denied tornado assistance
- Meeting to help Nutwood-area residents rebuild
- Warren County grand jury returns indictments
- Jennifer Smith Earnhart
- Fauci should spend jail time for this
- Laura Jean "Nicole" Haynes
- One injured in BG house fire
- Jimmy Lee Johnson
- Marvin Campbell
- Biden administration’s free N95 masks available locally
- Gov Mills extending invitation to governors to meet in Maine
- Groups to challenge partisan fairness of Michigan House map
- Biden heads to PA to talk infrastructure as bridge collapses
- Pennsylvania court strikes down expansive mail-in voting law
- Federal judge throws out oil lease sale in Gulf of Mexico
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Daily News Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a digest of each day's headlines & events from The Daily News by email? Signup today!
The Amplifier Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a weekly digest of headlines & events from The Amplifier by email? Signup today!
Daily News Hosted Events
The Daily News is a proud host of community enrichment events. Join our Daily News Events mailing list to learn about the next event we are planning. Sign up now.