DEAR ABBY: My daughter is about to turn 14 and wants to get a job. We just found out that in our state, 14- and 15-year-olds can work if they get a permit. I’m very concerned. I tried negotiating with her by telling her that her dad and I will give her a job at home and pay her, but she insists on working to help with our family finances. I have congestive heart failure and adrenal insufficiency, which is why I can’t work outside the home. Her dad, my husband, is the only source of income.
- Woman at center of Till lynching reported in Bowling Green
- Protesters converge on BG, seeking woman tied to 1955 lynching
- Second hotel planned for The Hub
- Growing El Mazatlan chain adds WKU location
- Scottsville men plead guilty to bid rigging scheme
- Jerry Roger Young
- Two local teens charged in Tenn. murder
- Todd Carter
- Buchanon to continue workforce development at National Corvette Museum
- Extension of former Shive Lane on track for spring finish
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Daily News Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a digest of each day's headlines & events from The Daily News by email? Signup today!
The Amplifier Headlines & Events Email Blast
Would you like to receive a weekly digest of headlines & events from The Amplifier by email? Signup today!